TV star astronomer to perform science show in South Norfolk
- Credit: Archant
TV star astronomer Mark Thompson is bringing his Spectacular Science Show to a community centre in South Norfolk next weekend.
The show, which has been performed around the country, aims to get children excited about science and features plenty of explosions and fireballs.
Mr Thompson, who is a presenter on BBC Stargazing Live, is to perform the show at Wortwell Community Centre to raise money for Alburgh with Denton Primary School.
All proceeds from the event will go towards the school.
He said: 'The show is a little bit about teaching people, but it is mostly about getting kids excited about science.
You may also want to watch:
'There will be lots of explosions, fire balls and foam shooting out of glass tubes.'
The show takes place on January 26 from 2pm to 3pm. Tickets cost £10 for adults and £8 for children.
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 7 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 8 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140