Manhunt under way after knife-wielding burglar tries to break into home
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating an aggravated burglary have released CCTV images of a man they are keen to speak to.
Police officers were called to a home on The Avenue, in south Lowestoft, about 10.40am yesterday (Thursday, October 12), following reports of a burglary in progress where a window had been smashed, which activated the house alarm.
A police spokesman said: 'A member of public reported seeing a man carrying a knife exit the property, who shouted threats as he ran towards a parked car, a grey Volvo.
'The suspect drove the vehicle towards Blackheath Woods where it became stuck along a bridleway and he decamped.'
With police releasing CCTV images of a man they would like to speak to in connection with this aggravated burglary in Lowestoft, detectives are linking this incident to a second burglary in Snape earlier this week, where a car was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The break in happened at a home in Gromford Lane at some point between 6.30pm on Tuesday, October 10 and 2.30pm on October 11. Access to the property was gained via a window and keys to the grey Volvo were taken.
The suspect left another vehicle, a red Vauxhall Corsa which is also believed to be stolen, in the driveway of the premises.
Anyone with information about who the man is or about either of the incidents should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 66624/17. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 5 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 6 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 7 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Former Primark store goes up for rent