Man who lost more than 7 stone is named his slimming club’s ‘greatest loser’
- Credit: Archant
A man who shed 7st 2lb has been named the 'greatest loser' at his Slimming World group in Attleborough.
Tim Ritchie, who lives in the town, went from 19st 1lb to 11st 13lb since joining the group in February 2016.
Mr Ritchie, 32, said: 'There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a loser when it feels this good.
'I feel like a new man since losing weight – in fact, I look so different that people who I haven't seen for a while often can't believe I'm the same person.'
Mr Ritchie took part in a Monday Slimming World group which is run by Jenni Lotarius.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'Before I lost the weight seeing photos of myself would often feel quite embarrassing.
'My weight impacted on so many aspects of my life, from struggling to find clothes that I like to fit to not being able to do simple everyday tasks without feeling tired and out of breath. Since losing the weight I snore a lot less too.'
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 9 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 10 City draw up target list
Mr Ritchie said joining the group was nerve-wracking at first.
He said: 'I needn't have worried though, everyone there was so friendly especially my consultant Jenni and I was so relieved when I found out that my weight was confidential between me and her – I'd had visions of having to tell everyone how much I weighed.
'Since then I've made so many friends at the group and I honestly don't think I could have done it without their support each week. They helped me with recipes and tips and if I was ever struggling they were always there to remind me why I'd wanted to lose weight in the first place and how far I'd come since first stepping through the doors.'
The group meets at Attleborough's Methodist Church every Monday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Call 07917 866082 for more information.