Man who lost more than 7 stone is named his slimming club’s ‘greatest loser’
- Credit: Archant
A man who shed 7st 2lb has been named the 'greatest loser' at his Slimming World group in Attleborough.
Tim Ritchie, who lives in the town, went from 19st 1lb to 11st 13lb since joining the group in February 2016.
Mr Ritchie, 32, said: 'There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a loser when it feels this good.
'I feel like a new man since losing weight – in fact, I look so different that people who I haven't seen for a while often can't believe I'm the same person.'
Mr Ritchie took part in a Monday Slimming World group which is run by Jenni Lotarius.
He said: 'Before I lost the weight seeing photos of myself would often feel quite embarrassing.
'My weight impacted on so many aspects of my life, from struggling to find clothes that I like to fit to not being able to do simple everyday tasks without feeling tired and out of breath. Since losing the weight I snore a lot less too.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 4 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 5 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 6 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 7 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 8 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
Mr Ritchie said joining the group was nerve-wracking at first.
He said: 'I needn't have worried though, everyone there was so friendly especially my consultant Jenni and I was so relieved when I found out that my weight was confidential between me and her – I'd had visions of having to tell everyone how much I weighed.
'Since then I've made so many friends at the group and I honestly don't think I could have done it without their support each week. They helped me with recipes and tips and if I was ever struggling they were always there to remind me why I'd wanted to lose weight in the first place and how far I'd come since first stepping through the doors.'
The group meets at Attleborough's Methodist Church every Monday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Call 07917 866082 for more information.