Man unconscious after alleged assault at Norwich bar
Investigations are under way after a man was rushed to hospital following an alleged assault at a city bar.
A 26-year-old man was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital after police were called to Karma Kafe in Bedford Street in Norwich city centre at about 3.40am today (Sunday).
It is thought a confrontation broke out on the stairs and the man fell.
The man was said to have been unconscious for a long time but an East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said it is believed his injuries were 'not immediately life threatening'. A Norfolk police spokesman said he did not know the man's current condition.
Two men were arrested in relation to the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Karma Kafe has been open for nearly three years, taking over the former building of Bar 18 and Kafe Da.
Owner Sarah-Jayne Roberts, who runs a number of restaurants and bars in the city, said: 'We have very little incidents at Kafe Karma. We are a late night establishment that has got a good reputation and safety comes first.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 7 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 8 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 9 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 10 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
Anyone who witnessed the incident should call police on 0845 456 4567.