Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after being hit by car on Magdalen Road, Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken to hospital with serious injuries after being hit by a car.
Police are looking for witnesses after the pedestrian was hit by a grey Vauxhall Vivaro while walking along Magdalen Road.
He was close to the junction with Knowsley Road, at around 9.50pm, on Monday, April 11, when the incident happened.
The man suffered serious head and chest injuries and was taken to Adenbrookes Hospital. He is in a serious but stable condition.
Magdalen Road was blocked to traffic between the Artichoke Pub and the traffic lights at the Sprowston Road junction, while investigations began.
You may also want to watch:
At one point six police cars and an ambulance car were at the scene, together with the collision investigation unit.
Anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Sgt Mark Barney at Acle Roads Policing, on 101.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 4 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 7 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night