Man taken to hospital after two-car crash in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A man was taken to hospital following a two-car crash in Lowestoft.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called out following the collision on Peto Way, Lowestoft, which happened about 8.30am this morning (Wednesday).
A police spokesman said that they were alerted following a 'potential injury road traffic collision.'
The road was initially blocked following the crash between a VW Polo and a Ford Fiesta at the junction of Peto Way and Fir Lane.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said: 'We received a call at 8.23am to reports of a two-vehicle road traffic collision on Peto Way in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
'We sent a rapid response vehicle and ambulance crew to assist. At the scene three patients were assessed with two discharged at the scene uninjured. 'The third, a man believed to be in his 80s, was treated for what were believed to be minor injuries before being taken to James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for further care.'
A police spokesman said that by 9.30am both vehicles had been recovered.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 8 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 9 Banham Zoo welcomes birth of two tiger cubs
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?