Man suffers serious injuries when his motorbike hits kerb in Hunstanton
- Credit: IAN BURT
A man suffered serious injuries when his motorbike hit a kerb in Hunstanton last night.
It happened at about 10.15pm on the B1161 Lighthouse Lane.
A blue SYM motorcycle was heading in the direction of the A149 Cromer Road when it hit the nearside kerb.
The rider of the motorcycle, a man in his 20s from the Hunstanton area, received serious chest, spinal and head injuries as a result of the collision and is currently in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
A spokesman for the East of England ambulance service said: 'We received a call yesterday at 10.15pm to reports of a man who had fallen from his motorbike on Lighthouse Lane in Hunstanton.
You may also want to watch:
'We sent a rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer, and air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA). At the scene the man was treated for a serious head and chest injury before being airlifted to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in King's Lynn, and then transferred via air ambulance again to Addenbrooke's Hospital. He is believed to be in a serious condition.'
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning the riding manner of the vehicle prior to the collision.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
Witnesses should call PC Thomas Allison at Swaffham roads policing on 101.