Man suffers head injury after altercation in north Lowestoft
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A man in his 30s suffered a head injury after trouble broke out on a Lowestoft street.
Police were called to St Margaret's Road at about 11.15pm on Friday, June 17 after reports that a man had been injured in the street.
It is understood that a group of people had gathered on the street, with 'lots of people arguing' according to a police spokesman.
After emergency services, including an ambulance, arrived, a man was taken to the James Paget University Hospital with a minor head injury.
A 31-year-old man from Lowestoft was then arrested on suspicion of assault, suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon and on suspicion of possession of drugs.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on police bail until August 10.
It is understood that the road was closed for a number of hours, at the junction close to Oulton Road, Rotterdam Road and Church Road.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 8 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash