Man suffers foot injury after being trapped under tractor wheel in Barsham Hill, near Beccles
Firefighters freed a 70-year-old man who was trapped under the wheel of a tractor last night.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent three crews to a farm in Barsham Hill, near Beccles, where the man was trapped.
As crews worked to release him, the man was still conscious and breathing, a spokeswoman from fire control said.
The man was released using a winch and was taken to James Paget University Hospital, where he is thought to be in a stable condition.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: 'We received a call at around 7.32pm last night to reports of a man trapped under the wheel of a tractor.
'We sent one ambulance crew and an ambulance officer to the scene.
'A man in his 70s sustained a foot injury, and after being treated at the scene by paramedics he was taken to hospital, where he is believed to be in a stable condition.'
- 1 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 2 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 3 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 4 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 5 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 6 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 7 Yarmouth market's pea and pie stall holder to retire
- 8 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 9 Solar farm approved despite concerns over impact on neighbours
- 10 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
Fire crews were called out at 7.33pm and left the scene at 8.38pm.