Man still in hospital after suffering neck injuries in “disturbance” in Valpy Avenue, Norwich
- Credit: DANIEL GRIMMER
Investigations are continuing after a man received neck injuries following a disturbance in Norwich.
Police officers were called to Valpy Avenue in Mile Cross at about 1.30pm on Sunday, March 19 following reports of an assault.
A man was found at the scene with an injury to his neck and taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) where he remains.
Two women, aged in their 30s and 60s, were arrested in connection with the incident and have now been released on police bail to return on Sunday, June 4.
The man, aged in his 30s, has been detained under the Mental Health Act and will be kept in hospital after he recovers from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact DC Jon Cotterell at Norwich CID on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors