Man still in hospital after suffering neck injuries in “disturbance” in Valpy Avenue, Norwich
- Credit: DANIEL GRIMMER
Investigations are continuing after a man received neck injuries following a disturbance in Norwich.
Police officers were called to Valpy Avenue in Mile Cross at about 1.30pm on Sunday, March 19 following reports of an assault.
A man was found at the scene with an injury to his neck and taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) where he remains.
Two women, aged in their 30s and 60s, were arrested in connection with the incident and have now been released on police bail to return on Sunday, June 4.
The man, aged in his 30s, has been detained under the Mental Health Act and will be kept in hospital after he recovers from his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who may have witnessed the incident, or anyone with information, should contact DC Jon Cotterell at Norwich CID on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 2 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 5 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 6 Jack-knifed lorry shuts busy Norfolk road as police issue ice warning
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 9 Out on the beat - we join police Covid patrol on the seafront
- 10 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain