Man scares off two burglars after seeing them inside his home between Fressingfield and Weybread
A man scared off a pair of burglars after he saw them in his house.
Police have appealed for help tracing the culprits following the crime at an address on the B1116, the main road between Fressingfield and Weybread.
Officers said the man saw two people in his house just before 9pm.
He shouted out to them and they fled the scene via a side gate. Police later discovered a jewellery box with its contents discarded near the property, which had been taken from inside the home.
Police believe the incident may be linked to a second burglary at an address in Laxfield, near Station Road, which happened some time between 10.30am on Sunday, April 16 and 10.30am on Tuesday, April 18. Entry was forced to the rear of the house and jewellery along with a quantity of cash, including foreign currency, was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
The first suspect is described as male, about 16 or 17 years' old and of slim build. He had dark hair and was wearing a grey tracksuit top and bottoms. The second suspect was only seen in silhouette.
Witnesses or anyone with information to help identify those responsible should call Suffolk Police on 101, quoting reference 29493/17 (Weybread) or 29634/17 (Laxfield). Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 4 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 5 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 6 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 7 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?