Cyclist’s body found in Norwich alleyway
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found in Norwich today is not being treated as suspicious, police have said.
Officers were called at about 12.20am following reports a body had been found near an alleyway off Whistlefish Court in the Dereham Road area.
Sgt Matt Steward, from Norfolk police's roads policing unit, said it was believed the man, who had had been on a bicycle, had been involved in a accident and that no other vehicle was involved.
He said the man's death was not being treated as suspicious but that police were keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the cyclist prior to the incident.
A seal was put in place at the scene during the early hours of this morning while officers carried out enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 4 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 5 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 6 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 7 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 8 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success