Cyclist’s body found in Norwich alleyway
- Credit: Archant
The death of a man whose body was found in Norwich today is not being treated as suspicious, police have said.
Officers were called at about 12.20am following reports a body had been found near an alleyway off Whistlefish Court in the Dereham Road area.
Sgt Matt Steward, from Norfolk police's roads policing unit, said it was believed the man, who had had been on a bicycle, had been involved in a accident and that no other vehicle was involved.
He said the man's death was not being treated as suspicious but that police were keen to speak to anyone who may have seen the cyclist prior to the incident.
A seal was put in place at the scene during the early hours of this morning while officers carried out enquiries.
Anyone with information is asked to call Norfolk police on 101.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 6 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 7 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
- 8 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 9 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 10 Rollesby mum shares heartbreak after death of her seven-year-old daughter