Man’s body found near gas canisters in Ipswich home
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk Constabulary said they were called to Foxhall Road around 11.35am today to reports of a man 'who appeared to be deceased' in a home.
They added a number of gas canisters had also been discovered at the building.
All three emergency services are on the scene and a cordon was put up in the area, sealing off the Back Hamlet and Devonshire Road area. That was lifted shortly before 1pm.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said: 'Police were contacted just after 11.35am this morning to reports a man appeared to be deceased at an address in Foxhall Road in Ipswich.
'Officers attended, along with ambulance and fire personnel after it was reported there were also gas canisters inside the address.
'The body of a man was found inside and the canisters were checked by the fire service before the property was declared safe around 12.40pm. Initial enquiries are underway at the scene and, as is standard procedure at this stage, the death is currently being treated as unexplained.'
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 7 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man who survived motorcycle crash died from Covid, inquest told
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park