WATCH: Man rescues 12 ducklings trapped in drain
- Credit: Archant
This is the incredible moment a Diss man rescued 12 trapped ducklings from a drain.
Ali McGuinness, who had pet ducks when he was a child, did not think twice about reaching into the drain to rescue the baby birds.
'He just did what anyone else would have done,' said his wife, Claire.
'It was another neighbour who found them and asked if he could help.
'He loves ducks and even had them as a pet as a child so he would never leave them to suffer.'
The ducklings' mother was stood in distress near the drain in Buxton Road when it was discovered her offspring had fallen in the drain.
'My husband was just in the right place at the right time,' added Claire.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 4 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 5 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 6 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 10 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
'The poor mum was just sat by the drain watching her babies and helpless to do anything.'
Luckily the ducklings are safe and dry after being reunited with their mother.