Man released under investigation following arrest in connection with stabbing incident in Halesworth
- Credit: Archant
A man arrested in connection with a stabbing in Halesworth at the weekend has been released under investigation by police.
Police were called to reports of two men fighting in London Road at around 11.15pm on Sunday night.
One man suffered multiple stab wounds and was treated by paramedics at the scene before being taken to hospital in the early hours of Monday morning.
It is understood he was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston, with injuries not thought to be life-threatening.
A man, believed to be in his late 20s and from the Halesworth area, was arrested on suspicion of wounding following the serious assault.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Constabulary said he had been released under investigation on Monday afternoon.
An East of England Ambulance Service Trust spokesman said paramedics were called to an incident in Halesworth at 11.47pm on Sunday.
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
'An ambulance, a rapid response vehicle and Suffolk Accident and Rescue Service attended,' they added.
'A man with a back injury was taken to James Paget Hospital. His injuries are believed to be non-life threatening.'