Man arrested over death of 25-year-old motorcyclist bailed for third time
- Credit: Archant
A man has been released on bail again following the death of a young motorcyclist in Great Yarmouth.
The man, in his 40s and from the Beccles area, was due to answer bail today, February 6, as investigations continue into what happened when Alec Pentelow-Bramham, 25, died following a collision in Southtown Road.
Mr Pentelow-Bramham was riding his black Lexmoto Arrow motorbike along the stretch at around 10pm on Tuesday November 6 when the crash between his bike and a black Peugeot 207 happened.
He was treated at the scene and the road was closed for four hours.
An inquest into his death at Norfolk Coroner's Court in Norwich in November found he died of a 'severe head injury.'It heard that Mr Pentelow-Bramham, who was born in King's Lynn but lived at Moreton Court in Great Yarmouth, had been riding his motorbike when a vehicle crashed into the rear of his bike.
A man in his 40s was arrested at the scene for driving with excess alcohol, failing to stop at the scene of an accident, and causing death by dangerous/careless driving.
You may also want to watch:
He has been re-bailed until May 7 while officers continue their inquiries.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting