Man knocked unconscious after allegedly being stamped on the head on Prince of Wales Road - three arrests
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
Three men have been taken into custody after an 'unprovoked' attack on Prince of Wales Road in which a man was allegedly stamped on the head.
Police were called at around 4.30am to the area close to the KFC at the bottom of the road.
The first victim, a man believed to be in his 20s, had been knocked unconscious during the incident, before another man tried to intervene.
Sgt Mark Shepherd, of Norwich South safer neighbourhood team, said: 'The second victim tried to stop the assault and was head butted, causing a split lip. This could have been a really nasty incident.'
Officers have already spoken to a number of people who were in the area at the time but are appealing for further information.
You may also want to watch:
The first victim has been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, which the alleged attackers, three men in their 20s, remain at Wymondham PIC.
Anyone with any information should contact Norfolk Police on non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 10 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars