Man knocked out of mobility scooter by car in Fakenham
An elderly man is being treated for head injuries after he was knocked out of his mobility scooter by a car in Fakenham this afternoon.
The collision occurred just before 1.20pm on Holt Road, near the roundabout with Queen's Road, outside Picky Pets pet shop and the Royal Mail sorting office.
Police, firefighters and paramedics attended the scene and the man was cut out of the mobility scooter and has been taken away in an ambulance.
The mobility scooter collided with a silver Citro�n C5.
Police are still at the scene of the crash and have closed a small section of the bottom of Holt Road.
Fakenham sergeant Tony Toynton said: 'An elderly gentleman was knocked out of his mobility scooter and has suffered head injuries.
'We do not yet know how serious his injuries are. We are now investigating the incident and can not say anything further at this stage.'
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 4 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 5 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 6 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 7 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 8 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 9 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 10 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages