Man killed in motocross incident in Besthorpe named locally as Mark Davis
PUBLISHED: 16:30 12 October 2015 | UPDATED: 16:44 12 October 2015
Archant Norfolk 2015
A man in his 50s who died at a motocross track in Besthorpe has been named locally as Mark Davis.
Mr Davis died at Besthorpe Motocross Track on Saturday after an incident at around 3.30pm.
Two land ambulances and the East Anglian Air Ambulance were called, but were unable to save him.
Mark Brown, the track’s manager, said Mr Davis, believed to be 51 and from the Diss area, was visiting the track for the first time.
“It was the first time he’d been back on a motocross bike in 25 years and was a freak, one motorbike accident.
“We had medics and safety marshals on the scene and they did everything they could to revive him before handing over to the ambulance crews.
“It’s the first time anyone has died in 42 years here and it’s just a very, very sad incident and our thoughts go out to the family,” he said.
Mr Brown said staff had been “shaken” by the crash, and the track was closed on Sunday as a mark of respect.
Breckland Council’s Environmental Health Department are now leading the investigation.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Eastern Daily Press. Click the link in the orange box above for details.