Man killed following tractor crash near Wymondham
- Credit: Â©Archant Photographic 2010
A man in his 60s has died after the tractor he was driving ended up in a ditch in a village near Wymondham.
The crash, which happened on Station Road at Spooner Row shortly before 5.50pm tonight, comes just over a day after a man died in a crash at Stratton Strawless and brings the terrible toll of fatalities on Norfolk's roads this year to 26.
Emergency services, including police, fire crews from Attleborough, Wymondham and Carrow, ambulance crews and the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) attended the crash but the driver, who has not been named, was pronounced dead at the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service Trust (EEAST) said: 'We received a call at 5.44pm to reports of a tractor in a ditch on Station Road near Wymondham.
'We sent two ambulance crews, an ambulance officer, rapid response vehicle, and an air ambulance from the East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA).
'At the scene a man believed to be in his 60s was in cardiac arrest and sadly nothing could be done for him and he was pronounced dead at the scene. 'Our thoughts are with the friends and family involved at this sad time.'
The death comes as police are appealing for witnesses to a fatal crash at Shortthorn Road at about 6am on Thursday.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'Like touching grim reaper's nose': Teenager lucky to be alive after crash
- 7 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Broads pub once visited by Chelsea players shuts for good
- 10 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
The driver of a grey Nissan Navara, a man in his 60s, was pronounced dead at the scene following the crash while the driver of the other car involved, a Royal Mail van, suffered minor injuries and was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. He was later discharged.
The road was closed for five hours while emergency services dealt with the incident and accident investigators carried out their work. It re-opened at 11.10am. Norfolk police appealed for anyone who saw the crash, or anyone with information about the way the vehicles were being driven beforehand, to contact them.
• Police said a motorcyclist was taken to hospital with 'serious injuries' following a crash on the A47 tonight.
Emergency services were called to the A47 at Sporle, between Swaffham and Necton at about 5.30pm following a crash involving a black Vauxhall Corsa and a black scooter.
A spokesman in the police control room said two people had been taken to the Norfolk and Norwich hospital, including the rider who is said to have 'serious injuries'.
• Earlier three people were taken to hospital with minor injuries after a two vehicle crash at North Burlingham at about 3.15pm.
• Meanwhile a fire crew from Attleborough was called to a crash at Morley St Peter involving a tractor which had hit an electricity pylon. The crew assisted EDF in making the scene safe after the incident at just before 5pm.