Man jailed for assault on masseuse
A man who stripped naked in a Norwich beauty salon and groped a “terrified” massage therapist was today jailed for nine months.Married father-of-three Boris Azotov inappropriately removed all his clothes for the massage at a legitimate city centre parlour and then undid the woman's tunic and touched her after claiming he was a trained masseuse.
A man who stripped naked in a Norwich beauty salon and groped a “terrified” massage therapist was today jailed for nine months.
Married father-of-three Boris Azotov inappropriately removed all his clothes for the massage at a legitimate city centre parlour and then undid the woman's tunic and touched her after claiming he was a trained masseuse.
The 35-year-old, of Parklands, Costessey, denied sexual touching and appeared at Norwich Crown Court for sentencing after being convicted following a trial last month.
The court heard the victim was in a “vulnerable” position and “far younger” than the defendant, and had subsequently refused to massage men and had lost her job.
Putting the case for a suspended prison sentence and compensation, Michael Clare, defending, said Azotov was in a £35,000-a-year job, had 25 employees in his company and had a wife and two young children.
He also had a nine-year-old daughter from a previous relationship, who lived in Sweden, and was of previous good character.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Man accidentally downloaded indecent images of children, court hears
- 3 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 4 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 5 Family 'increasingly concerned' about missing Beccles woman
- 6 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 7 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 8 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 9 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 10 Trains cancelled after lorry crashes into bridge
Sentencing him, Judge Peter Jacobs described the offence as an “absolute disgrace”.
“You came in to the massage room completely naked and you did not need to do that at all,” he said.
“You suggested to her that you may get aroused 'as every man does' and during the session - a session that you tried to extend - you encouraged her to massage close to and around your genitals and buttocks.”
The court heard Azotov tried to get the woman to touch him intimately and failed, then removed part of her clothing to massage her and his hands went close to her breasts.
Judge Jacobs added: “She was absolutely terrified and was also put in the position of not knowing whether to report it or not.
“You must have known what you were doing was wrong. There is also a control mechanism about you.
“This is a serious matter and employees have to be protected from an ordeal of this description.”
Azotov was also placed on the sex offenders register for 10 years.