Man jailed for 17 years for raping child
- Credit: Submitted by Norfolk Police
A 29-year-old has been sentenced to 17 years in prison, after admitting to the rape of a girl in the Great Yarmouth area.
Lee Ornstein, of Malew Street, Castletown, Isle of Man, was sentenced by Judge Holt at Norwich Crown Court, having admitted to four counts of raping a girl under the age of 13.
Ornstein was arrested by officers from Norfolk Constabulary's Child Abuse Investigation Unit in the Great Yarmouth area in January, following an allegation of abuse by the victim and her family.
The incidents took place in Great Yarmouth between June 1 and September 30, 2014, and despite denying all allegations put to him during police interview. Ornstein pleaded guilty to all four offences at Norwich Crown Court on July 11.
Detective Constable Holly Beevis of the CAIU, said: 'This was a terrible case which has had a profound impact on the victim and her family.
You may also want to watch:
'The bravery she has shown in speaking to police must be commended.
'We hope such a result will help to reassure victims that we will always investigate any allegations of sexual abuse thoroughly and as a consequence bring offenders to justice.'
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 10 The magic moment Cantwell helps young fan touch trophy
Ornstein was also placed indefinitely on the Sex Offenders Register.