Man jailed for 17 years for raping child
- Credit: Submitted by Norfolk Police
A 29-year-old has been sentenced to 17 years in prison, after admitting to the rape of a girl in the Great Yarmouth area.
Lee Ornstein, of Malew Street, Castletown, Isle of Man, was sentenced by Judge Holt at Norwich Crown Court, having admitted to four counts of raping a girl under the age of 13.
Ornstein was arrested by officers from Norfolk Constabulary's Child Abuse Investigation Unit in the Great Yarmouth area in January, following an allegation of abuse by the victim and her family.
The incidents took place in Great Yarmouth between June 1 and September 30, 2014, and despite denying all allegations put to him during police interview. Ornstein pleaded guilty to all four offences at Norwich Crown Court on July 11.
Detective Constable Holly Beevis of the CAIU, said: 'This was a terrible case which has had a profound impact on the victim and her family.
'The bravery she has shown in speaking to police must be commended.
'We hope such a result will help to reassure victims that we will always investigate any allegations of sexual abuse thoroughly and as a consequence bring offenders to justice.'
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant
Ornstein was also placed indefinitely on the Sex Offenders Register.