Man is violently attacked in Gorleston High Street
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Police are investigating a violent assault in Gorleston in which a man was knocked unconscious and then punched as he lay on the ground.
The attack happened shortly after 11.30am on Wednesday after an altercation broke out between two men on the High Street.
One of the men punched the other male causing him to fall to the ground and become unconscious.
The offender then continued to punch the victim in the face a number of times, resulting in a bloodied nose, cuts and grazes.
A man, aged in his 50s, was arrested in connection with the incident, but has since been released from custody with no bail conditions. However, he remains under investigation while the enquiry continues.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Angelina Brown at Gorleston Police Station on 101.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage