Man is stabbed in main road in Caister in early morning altercation
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man has been stabbed after an altercation took place on the main road through Caister.
The man, who was in his 40s, suffered a non-life threatening wound to his abdomen and facial injures after he was involved in an altercation in the High Street with another man, who also suffered facial injures.
The incident happened at 12.20am on Sunday morning and saw the stab victim taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston for treatment.
Police arrested the second man in his 30s on suspicion of grievous bodily harm after he too had been taken to hospital.
He was released on bail until September 25 while police enquiries continue.
You may also want to watch:
Norfolk police say officers are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
Call Det Con Ricki Peake at Great Yarmouth CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 9 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop