Man is robbed in south Lowestoft
- Credit: IAN BURT
Police in Lowestoft are appealing for witnesses after a man was robbed in Kirkley Rise at about 10.30am on Tuesday.
The 22-year-old man was cycling along the road, using his mobile phone when he noticed a man he knew who asked him to stop.
The man accused the 22-year-old victim of spreading a rumour about him and then assaulted him.
The victim shouted for help and a number of people are known to have stopped. However, the suspect is alleged to have said the victim was involved in drugs to deter members of the public from intervening.
Eventually the victim managed to get away and the suspect then took a necklace and his bike and cycled from the scene. The 22-year-old man suffered scratches, grazes and swelling to his face, arm and back in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: 'Police are making active inquiries to trace the suspect but are keen to hear from anyone who saw any part of the incident and are asking members of the public who initially tried to help to get in touch.'
Anyone with information should ring Lowestoft CID by calling Suffolk Police on 101 and quoting reference LO/14/2246.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk