Man injured in Wisbech fireplace explosion
- Credit: Evening News © 2009
A man suffered burns to his stomach, arms and legs when a fireplace exploded at his Wisbech home.
Magpas Helimedix flew to the property shortly before 4pm on Wednesday and doctors treated the man, thought to be in his 40s, with painkillers.
Dressings were applied to his burns and he was taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in King's Lynn, by land ambulance. On arrival, he was in a stable condition.
Firefighters and paramedics were also called to the scene.
A Magpas spokesman said: 'All the emergency services worked well together.'