Man injured as serious crash leads to closure of road near Lowestoft for more than three hours
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A man suffered back and leg injuries after a serious motorcycle crash near Lowestoft.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the junction of the A47 Yarmouth Road and the B1385 following 'a single vehicle collision' involving a Suzuki motorcycle.
With officers called out around 4.40pm yesterday (Wednesday, June 14), a police spokesman said: 'The rider was in the road, the road was blocked but the rider was said to be conscious.
'It's thought he had back and leg injuries and was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston in a serious condition.'
A spokesman for the ambulance service said two ambulance crews were sent to the scene with medics arriving within nine minutes of the call.
You may also want to watch:
'We treated a man for complaints of back pains before taking him to James Paget Hospital for further care,' the spokesman said.
The road was reopened about 8.15pm.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 4 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 5 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 6 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 10 City Council withdraws support for £153m Western Link