Man injured as serious crash leads to closure of road near Lowestoft for more than three hours
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A man suffered back and leg injuries after a serious motorcycle crash near Lowestoft.
Police and the East of England Ambulance Service were called to the junction of the A47 Yarmouth Road and the B1385 following 'a single vehicle collision' involving a Suzuki motorcycle.
With officers called out around 4.40pm yesterday (Wednesday, June 14), a police spokesman said: 'The rider was in the road, the road was blocked but the rider was said to be conscious.
'It's thought he had back and leg injuries and was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston in a serious condition.'
A spokesman for the ambulance service said two ambulance crews were sent to the scene with medics arriving within nine minutes of the call.
You may also want to watch:
'We treated a man for complaints of back pains before taking him to James Paget Hospital for further care,' the spokesman said.
The road was reopened about 8.15pm.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 4 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 5 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 6 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 7 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 8 Nicole Kidman donates £10k to Norfolk dad's charity walk
- 9 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 10 Delays on A47 due to collapsed manhole cover