Man in serious condition after being hit by pipe on farm near Thetford
A man is believed to be in a serious condition after suffering internal injuries when a plastic pipe fell on him at a farm near Thetford.
The man, believed to be in his mid-twenties, was treated by paramedics after the call at 9.19am today, according to an East of England Ambulance Trust spokeswoman.
She said: 'We were called at 9.19am today and sent a rapid response vehicle and ambulance to the scene. The man had sustained internal injuries to his abdomen after a plastic pipe fell on him.
'We administered pain relief and immobilised him using a collar and a board, before taking him to West Suffolk Hospital for further treatment. Upon arrival at hospital he was believed to be in a serious condition.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 6 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 9 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 10 Glamping site approval despite highway safety concerns