Man in renewed appeal 30 years after Great Yarmouth man’s murder
- Credit: Archant
The brother of a man who was murdered in his Great Yarmouth home 30 years ago today has issued an emotional plea for information on the anniversary of his death.
Peter Miller, who died as a result of a single stab wound to the chest, was 24 when his body was found in the kitchen of his home in Camden Place, Great Yarmouth, by his brother, Anthony Miller, known as Tony, at around 7.45pm on Sunday, December 9, 1984.
And on the 30th anniversary of Mr Miller's death his brother has issued a renewed appeal over the case which is one of a number of investigations being looked at by Norfolk police's cold case team, which was set up in 2008 to investigate unsolved murders, missing people and serious sexual offences.
Mr Miller, 53, of Suffolk Road, Gorleston, said: 'I can't let the case go and need to keep pushing it to keep it in the public eye. We've never had a reason for why it happened..if we had we would have a good chance of finding out who.'
Mr Miller, who is convinced the answer to what happened lies locally, made a specific appeal to a woman who rang Great Yarmouth police station on the morning of Sunday, December 30, 1984 to get back in touch.
You may also want to watch:
This woman claimed she had further information about the murder but would not leave any contact details. The caller specifically wanted to talk to a female officer about the case but refused to say anything more.
The investigation was extensively highlighted by the EDP and sister papers last year as part of our Norfolk Unsolved campaign which, launched in conjunction with Norfolk police, took a fresh look at some of the county's most serious unsolved cases.
- 1 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 2 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 3 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 4 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 5 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 6 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 7 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 8 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 9 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today
- 10 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
Anyone with information about Mr Miller's murder should call 101.
Have you got a crime story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org