Man in his 70s dies after single vehicle crash on A12 at Wangford
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man died in a crash on the A12 at Wangford after suffering a cardiac arrest.
Emergency services were called to the single vehicle collision, where a car had gone off the road into a ditch, just after 5pm yesterday (Sunday).
Officers closed the road between Wangford and Wrentham for more than three hours.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: 'A rapid response vehicle, ambulance crew, ambulance officer and East Anglian Air Ambulance attended.
'They treated a man in his 70s who was in cardiac arrest.
You may also want to watch:
'Despite their best efforts, the man sadly died at the scene.'
Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service sent appliances from Wrentham and Southwold to the scene.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release
A spokesman for the fire service said: 'Fire crews attended this road traffic collision.
'They assisted police and ambulance crews on scene.'
It is understood the accident happened between the B1126 Norfolk Road and B1127 Chapel Road.