Man in his 60s attacked in broad daylight while sitting on a bench near Great Yarmouth’s Britannia Pier
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2010
A man in his 60s was attacked by another man in broad daylight while he sat on a bench at the seaside.
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the assault in Marine Parade on Great Yarmouth's Golden Mile.
The victim was sitting on a bench near the Britannia Pier at about 2.35pm last Friday, March 31 when he was attacked by another man.
The injured man suffered wounds to his face which needed treatment at the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston.
A police spokesman said: 'Whilst officers believe this is an isolated incident, they are keen to hear from anyone who was in the area at the time and may have witnessed the assault.'
You may also want to watch:
• Anyone with information should contact PC Paul Atkinson at Great Yarmouth CID on 101.
• Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or be using their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 5 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 6 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 7 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer