Man dies in crash on A11
- Credit: Emma Parkinson
A man in his 50s has been killed in a crash on the A11.
The incident happened at Bridgham at about 6.50pm on Wednesday night, when a grey Mazda RX8, which was travelling towards Thetford, crashed into the central reservation.
MORE: A11 reopens after 'serious incident' shuts it for five hoursPolice have confirmed a man in his 50s died at the scene.
The road was closed from Thetford to Larling while emergency services attended and investigated the incident, but was reopened shortly before 11pm.
Traffic southbound and northbound came to a standstill.
MORE: Major Norfolk road will be closed for 'some time' after serious crashOfficers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the crash or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle before the incident.
Contact the serious collision investigation team on 101.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 3 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 4 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 10 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms