Man dies in crash on A11
- Credit: Emma Parkinson
A man in his 50s has been killed in a crash on the A11.
The incident happened at Bridgham at about 6.50pm on Wednesday night, when a grey Mazda RX8, which was travelling towards Thetford, crashed into the central reservation.
MORE: A11 reopens after 'serious incident' shuts it for five hoursPolice have confirmed a man in his 50s died at the scene.
The road was closed from Thetford to Larling while emergency services attended and investigated the incident, but was reopened shortly before 11pm.
Traffic southbound and northbound came to a standstill.
You may also want to watch:
MORE: Major Norfolk road will be closed for 'some time' after serious crashOfficers are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the crash or has information concerning the driving manner of the vehicle before the incident.
Contact the serious collision investigation team on 101.
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 5 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting