Man in his 40s injured after Lowestoft assault
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2012
A man in his 40s suffered a fractured cheek bone after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.
Officers are appealing for witnesses after the incident, on Claremont Road, at about 4.20pm on Thursday, June 23.
A police spokesman said: 'The man was walking to meet a relative who was picking him up when someone called out to him.
'Moments later he was assaulted.
'He later went to hospital for treatment and it's now been confirmed that he sustained a fractured cheek bone.'
You may also want to watch:
A 35-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of GBH and has now been bailed to return to police on July 26 – pending further enquiries.
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the incident.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Contact Lowestoft CID by dialling Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime number 40423/16 if you can help.