Man in his 20s dies in single vehicle crash on the A143 in Gillingham
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has died following a crash in Gillingham, near Beccles.
Emergency services were called just before midnight last night (Sunday) following reports a white BMW – which was travelling on the A143 in the direction of Great Yarmouth – had left the road and was in collision with a tree.
A police spokesman said: 'The male driver, aged in his 20s, sadly died as a result of the incident.'
The road was closed while police, the East of England Ambulance Service and firefighters from Loddon, Gorleston, Beccles and Suffolk attended the scene.
A brigade spokesman said: 'Firefighters released a trapped casualty using hydraulic rescue equipment and also provided scene safety and assistance to the Ambulance Service'
You may also want to watch:
The road was reopened shortly before 5am.
Anyone who may have witnessed the collision, or anyone who may have seen the driving manner of the vehicle prior to the incident, should contact Acle Roads Policing Team on 101.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 7 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 8 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 9 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 10 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich