Man in critical condition in hospital after car hits tree in Aylsham
- Credit: Archant
A man remains in a critical condition in hospital after a car hit a tree in Aylsham over the weekend.
The man was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge by air ambulance.
Police were called shortly after 3.40pm on Saturday, September 16 to the B1145 Cawston Road, near to the Jeesal Cawston Park Hospital.
Emergency services attended the scene, including the air ambulance, responding to reports that a blue Peugeot 206 had collided with a tree.
The female driver and two of her passengers suffered minor injuries and were taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
A male passenger of the car remains in a critical condition at Addenbrooke's.
The road reopened at 7.45pm.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 3 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 4 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 5 8 places where you can see fireworks for free in Norfolk for the jubilee
- 6 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 7 Norfolk holiday home named one of the best in the UK
- 8 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 9 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 10 Neighbours shock at ‘unexplained’ sudden death of woman
Witnesses to the collision or the manner of driving of the vehicle prior to the incident should call PC Callum Walchester at Acle police station on 101.