Man in court over Lowestoft robbery
- Credit: PA
A 31-year-old man is due to appear in court today charged in connection with a robbery near Lowestoft Railway Station.
The incident took place on Tuesday (January 31) at just after 4pm.
A woman walking with a man in the vicinity of the railway station was approached by another man who demanded money.
The victim gave her purse to the suspect who then ran off.
Richard Nash, of Belvedere Road, Lowestoft, was detained by officers soon after the incident and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
He has been charged with robbery, possession of a knife in a public place and assaulting a police officer.
Nash is due to appear at Norwich Magistrates Court today (Thursday, February 2).
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 4 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 5 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 6 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 9 Air ambulance called and A47 closed after incident
- 10 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries