Man in 60s punched in head after refusing to hand over wallet at Great Yarmouth cashpoint
A MAN in his 60s was punched in the head after he refused to hand over his wallet at a Great Yarmouth cashpoint.
The attempted robbery happened in Great Yarmouth Market Place on Monday 6 February.
At 5.40am, a man in his mid 60s was standing close to the Lloyds TSB cashpoint in Great Yarmouth Market Place, when he was approached by a stockily built man who proceeded to demand his wallet before punching the victim in the head.
The victim refused to hand over his wallet and defended himself before pushing the offender away.
After failing to steal anything, the offender ran off towards the back of Market Gates and through the alleyway towards Temple Boulevard.
You may also want to watch:
The offender is described as a white man wearing a black hooded top.
Det Sgt Mark Scott would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the incident or has information in relation to the suspect. Contact DS Scott at Gt Yarmouth Police Station on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 5 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 6 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 7 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 8 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 9 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 10 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants