Man in 60s assaulted during attempted bag snatch in Norwich
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A man in his 60s has been assaulted by a cyclist who tried to snatch his bag in Norwich.
The victim, a man in his 60s, was walking along Magpie Road. When he reached the junction with Waterloo Road he became aware of a cyclist approaching him.
This cyclist attempted to grab the bag the victim was carrying which caused him to fall to the ground. He was then assaulted before the suspect was challenged and fled.
Police have launched an appeal following the attempted robbery which happened at about 5.45pm on Friday, November 17.
It follows a spate of robberies and thefts in Norwich, between October 20 and November 15, where a number of elderly people had handbags stolen at various locations although a police spokesman said this latest incident is not being linked to previous crimes.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact DC Angela Tolson at Norwich CID on 101.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 3 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 4 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 5 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 6 Life sentence for convicted rapist who attempted to murder Norfolk woman
- 7 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 8 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 9 Councillor accused of making sexist, racist and homophobic jokes online
- 10 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season