Man in 30s dies following serious crash with tractor
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 30s has died after a crash between a car and a tractor, which saw the driver of the tractor arrested.
At around 9.10am on Thursday morning, a Vauxuall Astra was involved in a crash with tractor on Wisbech Road, near Outwell.
The passenger of the Astra, a man in his 30s, was pronounced dead at the scene, while a young child also travelling in the vehicle was treated for minor injuries.
The driver of the car, a woman, also aged in her 30s, was also treated for minor injuries.
Meanwhile, the driver of the tractor, a man in his 50s, has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and will be questioned at King's Lynn police investigation centre in due course.
You may also want to watch:
The incident closed the road for more than four hours, with it re-opening shortly after 2.20pm on Thursday.
Roads policing officers have appealed for any witnesses to come forward with information and are particularly keen to see any dash cam footage of the incident.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 5 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 6 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 7 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire
Anybody with information regarding the incident and the manner the vehicles were driven prior to the incident should contact Andrew Hughes in the serious collision investigation team by 101 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org quoting incident number 101 of October 10.