Man in 20s in hospital after being stabbed in Norwich
- Credit: Dan Grimmer
A man is in hospital after being stabbed outside a home in Norwich.
Police were called just after 9pm on Saturday to a house in Chambers Road in the Mile Cross area.
The incident saw a lengthy cordon put in place in the area while the police investigated, with neighbours witnessing officers searching through nearby bushes with torches.
A man was taken to hospital, where he remained on Sunday evening.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said: "Police were called at 9:03pm on Saturday, January 9, to reports that a man had been stabbed outside an address on Chambers Road, Norwich.
"A seal was in place at the scene while officers carried out enquiries, but this has since been lifted.
"The victim, who is aged in his 20s, remains in a stable condition in hospital, as officers investigate the incident."
The sealed remained in place until 2.22pm on Sunday, with police cars and forensic vans both seen at the scene.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Noise warning issued due to late night fighter jet training over airbase
- 3 River Wensum stops flowing through mill for first time in a century
- 4 Norfolk hospital charged following death of patient mistakenly sent home
- 5 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 6 Restaurant boss frustrated at summer no-shows 'strangling the industry'
- 7 Mystery continues as owner of 'massive' snake yet to come forward
- 8 New camera installed to catch drivers at speeding hotspot in Norwich
- 9 Stained glass shop to close its doors after almost 30 years
- 10 Four-bed home with swimming pool and Mediterranean garden on sale for £595k
One person who lives nearby said police had been knocking on doors, carrying out door to door enquiries, on Saturday night.
They added: "There were a lot of police shining torches in the bushes surrounding the cordon late last night.
"I have not heard any more this morning, but forensics were seen taking photos outside of the house.
"It is concerning as our road is normally so quiet and friendly, but after the stabbing up the top of the road last year it makes you wonder what on earth has gone on and if we should be worried."