Four men arrested after assault on victim on Hall Road in Norwich
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
Four men have been arrested after an assault on a man on Hall Road in Norwich.
Police were called shortly before 8am to reports that a man had been assaulted.
Four police vans remain at the scene and an area close to the junction with Hobart Lane towards Queens Road is cordoned off.
The victim, aged in his 30s, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with an injury to the abdomen.
A spokeswoman for Norfolk Police said: 'Officers have arrested four men in connection with an assault in Norwich this morning, Wednesday 16 August.
'It's after police were called shortly before 8am to reports a man, aged in his 30s, had been assaulted in Hall Road.
'Emergency services attended and the victim was taken to the NNUH for treatment.
- 1 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 4 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 5 'Our homes will be destroyed' - Neighbours' fears over proposed pylon route
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 7 Scammers targeting Norfolk homes with fake parcel deliveries
- 8 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 9 Heavy delays on major Norfolk road after crash
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
'Following enquiries, a vehicle was stopped on All Saints Green in the city shortly after 11am and four men, aged in their late teens and early 20s, were detained. All have been taken to police custody, where they'll be questioned.'
An East of England Ambulance spokeswoman said: 'We were called today at 7.57am to an incident on Hall Road in Norwich.
'An ambulance crew, an ambulance officer and the air ambulance from East Anglian Air Ambulance (EAAA) were dispatched to help.
'A man was assessed and treated at the scene and then taken by land ambulance to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital for further care.'