Man freed after car crushed under HGV
Emergency crews have spent the morning battling to free a man trapped in his car which was wedged under a lorry.Three fire engines were called to the scene, on the A11 at Roudham, at 6.
Emergency crews have spent the morning battling to free a man trapped in his car which was wedged under a lorry.
Three fire engines were called to the scene, on the A11 at Roudham, at 6.40am, to reports of a Renault Laguna crushed under an HGV.
Officers spent an hour using a winch and hydraulic equipment trying to free the driver, who is described as being around 40-years-old.
Shortly after 7.30am he was released from the car and taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, where he is in a serious condition.
The incident happened on the Norwich bound carriageway, with both vehicles ending up in the central reservation.
As a result the A11 is currently closed between the Breckland Lodge roundabout and the B1111 junction at East Harling while police investigate the scene. Police are expecting to re-open the stretch of road later in the afternoon.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 7 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 8 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 9 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 10 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
The lorry driver is unhurt but being treated for shock.