Man found dead in churchyard was intoxicated when he died, inquest told
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A man found dead in a Norfolk churchyard was intoxicated when he died, an inquest has heard.
The body of Robert Worthington, 47, was found at St Mary's Church in Diss on April 30, 2019.
The opening of an inquest into his death on Friday, November 1 heard he lived in Avenue Road, Wymondham and was unemployed.
His cause of death was given as hypothermia and acute alcohol intoxication.
His body was identified by his wife Helen Worthington at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital.
You may also want to watch:
Yvonne Blake, Norfolk area coroner, adjourned the inquest to take place at 11am on February 11, 2020 at Norfolk Coroner's Court.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 3 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 4 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 5 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 6 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 7 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 8 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes