Man fell through roof while ‘running away’ in Great Yarmouth
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A man who fell through a roof in Great Yarmouth might have been running away from people - and was not trying to breaking in, police have said.
Damage was caused to a Perspex roof of a property in Rodney Road, Yarmouth, shortly after midnight on Saturday (May 4).
Residents inside were disturbed by their dog barking and then heard voices coming from their driveway.
On inspection they saw two males; one of them then climbed onto the outhouse at the side of the property and fell through the Perspex roof.
His legs went through the roofing panels, landing on a wooden beam. He managed to climb back out before running away from the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Yarmouth police investigating the damage believe the male was running away from others in the area - and said there was nothing to indicate that he was trying to break into the property.
Anyone with information can call officers on 101.
- 1 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 2 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 3 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 4 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 9 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 10 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'