Man discovered dead on Horsey beach
- Credit: Archant
A man has been discovered dead close to Horsey beach following an extensive search operation on Wednesday night.
The body was located around 6pm yesterday after police received reports of a missing person.
A police spokesman said: 'Officers who located the body administered CPR but sadly ambulance crews declared the individual dead.
'The death is not being treated as suspicious and relatives have been informed.'
Hemsby Lifeboat spotted and directed the land-based search teams to an area of interest on the beach. The body was found nearby and first aid was given.
You may also want to watch:
Winterton, Mundesley and Happisburgh Coastguard Rescue Teams, East Anglian Air Ambulance, East of England Ambulance and Coastguard Rescue 912 were also involved in the operation.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 9 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 10 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk