Man dies in Suffolk crash which closed road for eight hours
- Credit: Archant
One man has died in a single vehicle collision in Eriswell this morning.
The crash, involving one vehicle, happened at around 3am on the B1112 between Lakenheath and Mildenhall and emergency services attended the scene to find that a vehicle had overturned.
The male driver of the vehicle as sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Three fire engines attended from Mildenhall, Brandon and Methwold and were required to free an occupant.
The road between the Lords Walk Roundabout at Lakenheath and the Mildenhall turnoff towards Eriswell was closed for most of the morning whilst initial enquiries were carried out. It re-oened at 10.58am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision.
They should call Suffolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD reference 30 of 23 December 2018.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 4 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 7 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 8 Indian variant could hamper roadmap, Norfolk health expert says
- 9 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 10 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
A volunteer paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service attended this incident.
More information as it comes.