Man dies in Suffolk crash which closed road for eight hours
- Credit: Archant
One man has died in a single vehicle collision in Eriswell this morning.
The crash, involving one vehicle, happened at around 3am on the B1112 between Lakenheath and Mildenhall and emergency services attended the scene to find that a vehicle had overturned.
The male driver of the vehicle as sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Three fire engines attended from Mildenhall, Brandon and Methwold and were required to free an occupant.
The road between the Lords Walk Roundabout at Lakenheath and the Mildenhall turnoff towards Eriswell was closed for most of the morning whilst initial enquiries were carried out. It re-oened at 10.58am.
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision.
They should call Suffolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD reference 30 of 23 December 2018.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 7 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 Person banned from driving arrested after crashing into pedestrian crossing
- 10 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
A volunteer paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service attended this incident.
More information as it comes.