Man dies in Suffolk crash which closed road for eight hours
- Credit: Archant
One man has died in a single vehicle collision in Eriswell this morning.
The crash, involving one vehicle, happened at around 3am on the B1112 between Lakenheath and Mildenhall and emergency services attended the scene to find that a vehicle had overturned.
The male driver of the vehicle as sadly pronounced dead at the scene.
Three fire engines attended from Mildenhall, Brandon and Methwold and were required to free an occupant.
The road between the Lords Walk Roundabout at Lakenheath and the Mildenhall turnoff towards Eriswell was closed for most of the morning whilst initial enquiries were carried out. It re-oened at 10.58am.
You may also want to watch:
Police are keen to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the collision.
They should call Suffolk police's Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 quoting CAD reference 30 of 23 December 2018.
- 1 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 2 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 3 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 4 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 5 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 9 Norfolk man jailed for part in raids to blow up cashpoints
- 10 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
A volunteer paramedic from Suffolk Accident Rescue Service attended this incident.
More information as it comes.