Man dies in crash on A10 near Downham Market
A man died in an accident on the busy A10 near Downham Market today.
Police said his Renault people carrier car was in collision with a Renault van near the Wimbotsham turning, a mile north of Downham, at 7.40am.
A spokesman said two other people had been taken to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, suffering from minor injuries.
He said the road was likely to remain closed for the rest of this morning while investigations into the crash continued.
Long tailbacks built up as traffic was diverted through Wimbotsham and Downham, to avoid the stretch of road where the accident took place.
Anyone with information about the accident should contact Sgt Matthew Price on 0845 4564567.
- 1 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 4 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 5 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 8 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 9 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 10 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food