Man dies following hit-and-run in Bungay
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A man who was seriously injured following a hit-and-run in Bungay on Friday has died in hospital.
The 42-year-old pedestrian from the Bungay area was taken to Addenbrooke's Hospital with multiple injuries following the collision in Bridge Street around 1.40am on Friday but died on Saturday evening in hospital.
Police have now released an image of a Nissan Qashqai that it believed to be very similar to the vehicle involved. The driver did not stop at the scene and police are making extensive enquiries to trace both the car and the person driving it.
Inspector David Giles, of the Serious Collision Investigation Team, said; 'I am in no doubt that the driver will have known what happened at the scene but may not have realised the seriousness of the pedestrian's injuries at the time. It is in their interests to come forward as soon as possible.'
Police would like to speak to anyone who may have seen the vehicle in the area in the early hours, anyone who may have seen the collision itself or anyone who may have details about the Qashqai or its driver.
You may also want to watch:
Officers are also keen to speak to anyone with details about a Qashqai that may have sustained front-end damage since the early hours of Friday or anyone who has information about who may have been out in such a vehicle in Bungay around 1am-2am that morning.
•If you are the driver or if you can help with enquiries please call PC Shane Schucroft at the Joint Suffolk and Norfolk Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101, quoting CAD number 20 of May 13. Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers, anonymously if required, on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 7 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 8 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover