Man dies after two-vehicle crash on A141 in March
A pensioner who was involved in a crash with a lorry last Monday has died.
Clive Christian, 78, was driving from his home in West End, March, to Sharman Fabrications in Gaul Road, also in March, when the crash happened on the A141 at 2pm.
Firefighters cut Mr Christian out of his blue Audi which had been bent by the force of the impact with the grain lorry.
Ambulance crews then tended to Mr Christian, who suffered serious injuries, by the roadside before the East Anglian Air Ambulance took him to Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge, where he passed away on Friday.
The incident caused traffic chaos in March, with Gaul Road closed and vehicles backed up along the A141.
You may also want to watch:
Lorries were also seen trying to drive through the centre of March in a bid to avoid the queues.
The lorry involved in the crash belonged to James and Son Grain Merchants of Wellingborough. The driver is not thought to have been hurt.
- 1 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 4 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 5 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 6 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 7 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 8 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
- 9 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 10 Firefighters tackle 'deliberate' house fire