Man dies after serious crash blocks the A47
A motorist in his 40s has died following a serious crash on the A47 at Honingham, near Dereham.
The road was closed for several hours after the two-car collision at Mattishall Lane, between Hockering and the Honingham roundabout, at about 5.15pm yesterday.
Police believe a grey Toyota Yaris was travelling towards Norwich when it collided with a white VW van heading in the opposite direction, near Sandy Lane.
The driver of the campervan, from the Leicester area, died from his injuries at the scene.
The Toyota driver, a local woman in her 30s, suffered serious head injuries and is currently in a critical condition at Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge.
Witnesses are asked to call the serious collision investigation team (SCIT) on 0845 456 4567.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 4 Covid restrictions played part in father's death, inquest told
- 5 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 Woman arrested after man hit with a broom in city centre
- 8 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 PRESSER: Spurs v City - Rashica major injury blow; Normann also out